Thursday, June 14, 2012

Getting back on the horse?

Some of you may have noticed that I have started to re-upload a few of the most popular and recent posts to Hotfile. This is being done on a trial basis, and we'll see how it goes. Let me know how it as working for you. At this point, it will remain on a somewhat limited basis (that is, I am not re-posting large numbers of the lost downloads), just for a select number of posts. I'm doing this somewhat surreptitiously, so you'll have to check to see if any of the ones you were specifically interested have been reposted. If they have, you are in luck, if not, well, that's the way it goes, I guess. I will continue focusing mainly on restoring some of the more unique posts that cannot be obtained anywhere else, but again, not everything will be able to be reposted. As I said, we'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I will continue posting new stuff as I come up with it. So, hopefully, there will still be enough stuff here for you to at least stop by occasionally to check out. Hang in there, and I will try to do the same. Thanks for your patience.

3 comments:

DuanesPoeTree said...

How about your Christmas compilations? They are certainly unique and unavailable elsewhere!
Duane

Mat Brewster said...

When Mediafire deleted all my bootlegs I decided I wasn't going to reupload any unless I got a request for it. I've actually gotten a lot of reup requests and I'm way behind on getting them back up but I do want to balance the reups with new stuff.

I have found that lots of people still download the reup stuff well beyond just the people making the request. In some cases more people have downloaded the reups than downloaded the original file. Which I guess means my site is more popular now than it used to be. Or something.

Anyways I feel you pain. It still hurts that all those old files are gone.

La Piazza Gancio said...

Best of luck to you.

I feel for all the bloggers who have had unprotected material wiped out as if they were posting brand-new, copyrighted releases.

I'd ask MediaFire for a detailed accounting for exactly which files violted copyright statutes. I don't know how file hosts get away with being so vague.